Saturday, May 27, 2006

Unless it kills you...
Driving home from the pharmacy today thinking about how common and forgettable sensation becomes (when is the last time you really noticed the feel of the steering wheel under your finger tips? or the weight of your shirt's cloth upon your back?) Which somehow led me to pondering man's knowledge of death. I've heard it said (or seen it read) that a fundamental difference between the human animal and "lesser" creatures is our knowledge of our own eventual demise... but I couldn't help thinking that though we may know we will all someday die, we still must go on living our lives, surviving or thriving... and we can not dwell too long on our knowledge of the end of our lives without the risk of being crippled with the fear of the possibilities or complete despair.
Which in turn lead me to think that perhaps I should stop thinking about it then. Not really - but it's as far as I'm gonna open that little window to my soul today!
And now for something completely different...
"You should keep on painting no matter how difficult it is... Unless it kills you, and then you know you have gone too far." - Alice Neel
Off to paint - Joyce Brandon

1 Comments:

Blogger Lynette said...

Hello Joyce thanks for commenting in my blog. I enjoyed visiting your blog too. I noticed one of your favorite books is "The Stand" by Stephen King. That is probably my all time favorite book ever! Talk about intense! That man can really write. Thanks for your nice comment on my weird yellow cloud photo. I took that one with my little HP Photosmart M22 digi camera. What turned the pic really weird was when I put it in photoshop and did "automatic levels" it turned the clouds yellow. I'm just waiting for some more stormy skies now! :)

May 30, 2006 12:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home