Monday, May 22, 2006


Two days gone in a blink!
What a BUSY weekend. The garden was starting to get weedy and the tomatoes & corn were still needing planted so I spent a good portion of the weekend in the garden. We have a 50x50 plot which we've filled with onions, potatoes, green beans, peppers (sweet & hot) tomatoes and corn. (yes - I promise I'm going to till between the rows... the weeds have no idea what's coming!)
Saturday was a very nice day and that marked the completion of the sidewalls on the garage. Sunday started out windy then calmed for mid-day then the wind picked up again and the rain sputtered around for a couple of hours. BUT my husband, my brother, and a neighbor spent the day putting the roof on. We have a roof! (see that long wooden box in the doorway - that's the steel for the roof of our house... project #2 on the list)

Between cooking & gardening & playing heroscape with my son and defeating a villan on Super Mario Sunshine (for my son of course!) I did manage to squeeze in some painting. I lightened up the horse and kept working on the grass in the foreground. I have an inexpensive (read cheap) feathered brush that I tried briefly as a substitute for the tiny, individual brush strokes... But met with disappointment... So I'm back to slow and steady.
Please excuse my scattered and possibly typo strewn post... I was up at 4:20am to wake the kids and drive my husband to work so he could pick up his company van. The exhaustion is worth the savings on gas! - Joyce Brandon

2 Comments:

Blogger sarah said...

Gorgeous painting Joyce!!

May 25, 2006 2:18 PM  
Blogger Lynette said...

I agree this is gorgeous!

May 30, 2006 12:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home