Tuesday, May 09, 2006

No Way!
OK - so I'm a geek. I started out to write this big long explaination of how I discovered that one of the guys I went to high school with is an actor/writer/artist. But it all boils down to my brother bringing a movie over for my children to watch.
The next day I got one of those annoying but occasionally unignorable emails from classmates.com... So I went and updated my profile... yes I'm still alive, married, 2 kids, painting, me... BlahBlahBlah. But for some reason I was thinking about a friend who said she'd seen Peter Bedgood do a stand up act a few years ago in T town. Now this guy was always very funny and unusual (one memory of Peter involves occasionally hearing someone waltzing down the school halls whistling the theme to Andy Griffith) and I could easily see the transition to comic. Anyhow... I decided to google him.
Imagine my surprise when I find that in '99 he was in an indy film, Chillicothe, that received recognition at Sundance. More recently Peter was involved with Blue Yonder Films in the creation of Hoodwinked!(doDOdodo...doDOdodo)
SO THERE GUIDANCE COUNSELORS EVERYWHERE!
I didn't know Peter terribly well, but he left a lasting impression as a guy who would always be himself. I am thrilled that he's finding success on his own path & happy to learn that he resisted the pressure to conform. (rules for behavior, dress, proper thought, etc... were a big 35 page orientation booklet sort of thing at BAHS)
YEAH Bedgoodsky!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home