Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Colinus virginianus


Northern Bobwhite Quail - my latest completed project, a gift for a friend. 8"x10" acrylic on canvas. All together now... "Joyce! Photograph first, varnish second!"

I'm re-reading a favorite book, Living the Artist's Life by Paul Dorrell. When ever I need a kick in the pants this book does it for me. It's an energizer, no doubt!

On a sad note... We had a terrible weekend in our little Sparrow Grass Rabbitry.

Cinders had her first litter on the wire and they didn't make it. Then less than 24 hours later Lil' Misfit passed away from a wool block and took her babies with her. In all we lost the sweet doe and 8 kits. Our loss is made only more painful knowing what gentle, loving little bunnies Jersey Woolies are. We miss our Misfit, and we will miss having the opportunity to love, play with and get to know all the babies. - Joyce Brandon

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love this picture! Beautiful!!

I'm sorry to hear about the loss in your rabbitry. *hugs*

December 27, 2006 3:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home